Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Skinny Jeans"

I went down stairs last night to sort through some clothes that have been in tubs for... long long time. I found 2 tubs full of jeans. Nice, cute jeans. Jeans I cant wear :( I decided to try on a pair of my pre baby days jeans and I couldnt get them up past my thighs...lol Its funny and sad I guess. Pre baby I was tiny. I wore size 5 jeans and they were even loose on me. Back then I thought I was fat!! I look at the pictures of my old self and I want to just say: He eat a cheeseburger. Well since then by the looks of me I have enjoyed many great cheeseburgers...lol. So I am standing there looking at all the really nice, cute jeans, that there is no way I can fit in again. Even if I get skinny again, my hips will not. I have child bearing hips now, and thats just fine with me. I just hate letting go of my "Skinny jeans". I know I dont need to be rail thin to look good. My goal right now is just to be healthy and to feel comfortable with the way I look. Diets are hard, and every time I try to diet, it works for about 2 days...lol So Im just going to be active, watch what I eat, drink lots of H20 and just be healthy and happy. So the tubs of Skinny Jeans are going to community hope to find a new skinny person who needs them. Goodbye skinny jeans forever...

2 comments:

  1. Think of it as 'new' skinny jeans. My old skinny jeans will never fit again either. But I do now have new skinny jeans. Once that I bought recently and are the smallest in my closet. :)

    I wish I could go back to my pre-pregnancy me and give me a good ol' kick in the butt. I too thought I was fat, now I know better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled to accept my *new* Self, after birthing the kidlets -- I went from being a jockey (ie. super fit and no fat) to...well...not so fit and a generous layer. :) Time passed and now I adore my 'baby belly' - its a badge of honour..although I would like to be more fit...*sigh*...

    Welcome to the Sisterhood...

    ~brightest blessings~

    PS you have beautiful boys...

    ReplyDelete